- This event has passed.
3rd AEDC Engineering Education Summit
July 24 - July 26
Engineering for Socio-Economic Development of Africa
The AEDC Summit is the largest gathering of engineering deans and vice-chancellors in Africa. The 3rd meeting follows summits in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in 2014 and Bloemfontein, South Africa in 2016. The 2017 summit will be hosted by Covenant University in Ota, Nigeria.
Keynote speakers have been tapped from the GEDC, AEDC, AEEA and will include industry leaders and heads of academic institutions and leaders of government.
- Energy sufficiency and sustainability
- Engineering training for global competitiveness
- Engineering and efficient health care delivery
- Creating gender balance in engineering education
- Sustainable water and sanitation engineering
- Engineering entrepreneurship and skills development
- Promoting industry, academia and international collaborations