September 26-29, 2017
Cartagena de Indias, Colombia
Engineering schools and their engagement in society
The Colombian Association of Schools of Engineering (ACOFI) is organizing a new version of the International Meeting of Engineering Education (EIEI ACOFI 2017), which will be held from September 26 to 29, 2017, in the historic city of Cartagena de Indias (Colombia).
EIEI ACOFI 2017 will be the stage where deans, academics, administrative directors, professors and engineering students will interact with representatives of the sector. Participants will study and analyze the problems and expectations of society and propose strategies that allow human development to be compatible with productivity and sustainability.
ACOFI invites the entire academic engineering community, representing schools, undergraduate and postgraduate programs, institutes, centers, and research groups. They further extend the invitation to entrepreneurs and associations related to engineering, to local, regional, national & global governments, organizations, the media and anyone in general who is interested in the engagement of engineering education and the reduction of social, economic, scientific and technological gaps.
- Panels and dialogues with experts
- Papers presented in simultaneous thematic rooms
- Research advances
- Papers exhibited through posters
- Engineering students meeting
- Commercial exhibition
- Social, technical and cultural activities
Advantages of participating
- Share experiences and generate contacts with representatives of different institutions, agencies and entities of sectors related to the teaching and professional practice of engineering.
- Participate in academic activities with experts of high level and recognition, with whom will share experiences and perspectives on the central theme of the Meeting.
- Knowing advances, developments, innovations and information in science, technology and procedures in the field of engineering and training of engineers.
- Integrate in technical, social and cultural activities in one of the largest, modern and growing cities of Colombia.
- Participate in a meeting of broad global recognition, with a trajectory of more than 38 years of accomplishment.
Profile of participants
- Directors of Higher Education Institutions with engineering programs.
- Deans and directors of schools and programs of engineering.
- Professors, professionals, researchers and students of engineering.
- Representatives of the business sector.
- Representatives of the government sector.
- Advisers, consultants and researchers, experts and experts in engineering education.
- Professional associations, academics, research or extension groups related to engineering.
- Representatives of international entities related to education.