About IFEES & the GEDC
The International Federation of Engineering Education Societies (IFEES) and the Global Engineering Deans Council (GEDC) are two non-profits who work at connecting engineering educators and leaders around the world to promote the advancement of engineering education and research.
The IFEES and GEDC Secretariat is in need of a dynamic and independent Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support. This is a part-time, hourly position of 15-25 hours per week. Hours are flexible, but will vary depending on the needs of the Secretariat. Pay will be based on the applicant’s previous experience. The Administrative Assistant will work in our office on the Marquette University campus (Haggerty Hall); however, IFEES and the GEDC are not affiliated with Marquette University. Applicants should also be able to work some weekend hours from home.
- Meetings/Conference calls
- Schedule and manage conference calls with members located around the world
- Finalize and format provided agendas, occasionally develop the agenda
- Take detailed notes of meetings
- Track action items and deadlines after the meeting; ensure follow-up with appropriate parties ahead of deadlines
- Research international travel itineraries, book flights and hotels and handle visa applications
- Event planning
- Research venues and handle annual IFEES-GEDC events (in the USA)
- Coordinate with offsite teams to cultivate guest lists for events held at international locations
- Track RSVPs and dietary requirements for all events
- Maintain membership records, regularly crosscheck member databases to ensure 100% accuracy
- Proof newsletters, documents, website publications
- Other administrative assistance as needed, including additional personal assistance to the Secretary General
IFEES and the GEDC collaborate with top academics in engineering and related fields on a global scale; therefore, the organization stresses the importance for applicants to demonstrate strong communication skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with upper-academic writing and editing skills
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to problem solve creatively and think critically
- Able to complete tasks efficiently and produce quality work with limited supervision
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Multi-cultural communications/sensitivity, preferably previous experience working in an international setting or for a global organization; strong e-mail etiquette is imperative
- Fluency in a second language, particularly Spanish, is not required but a benefit
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and a list of references to Dr. Hans-Jürgen Hoyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs. Kayla Hellal (email@example.com) by February 22, 2017. Inquiries will be received from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM Monday through Friday at 414-288-2169.