International Programs Assistant
International Federation of Engineering Education Societies • Global Engineering Deans Council
|Location||Fairfax, Virginia (USA)|
|Hours||15-25 hours per week|
|Compensation||Based on experience|
|Anticipated Start Date||Late January/Early February 2018|
About IFEES & the GEDC
The International Federation of Engineering Education Societies (IFEES) and the Global Engineering Deans Council (GEDC) are two organizations who operate under the umbrella of IFEES, Inc., a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit. IFEES and the GEDC work at connecting engineering educators and leaders around teh world to promote the advancement of engineering education and research.
The IFEES and GEDC Secretariat is in need of a dynamic and independent International Program Assistant to provide administrative and program support. This is a part-time, hourly position of 15-25 hours per week. Hours are flexible, but will vary depending on the needs of the Secretariat. Applicants should also be able to work some early morning, evening, and weekend hours from home. Pay will be based on the applicant’s previous experience.
The International Program Assistant will work in our office on the George Mason University campus; however, the International Program Assistant will not be a university employee.
- Coordinate scheduling, manage online meeting platform, format and proof agendas and other relevant documents
- Provide support for all programs conducted through IFEES and the GEDC, including webinars and capacity building initiatives
- Take detailed minutes of meetings and ensure follow-through of track status of ongoing action items
- Maintain membership records, regularly crosscheck member databases to ensure 100% accuracy of records
- Research international travel itineraries, book flights and hotels and handle visa applications
- Research venues and handle logistics for annual IFEES-GEDC events (in the USA)
- Coordinate with off-site teams to cultivate guest lists for events held at international locations
- Proof prepared communications materials for the International Communications and Web Manager
- Other administrative assistance as needed, including additional personal assistance to the Secretary General
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with strong writing and editing skills
- Flexible, adaptable, able to problem solve creatively and think critically
- Able to complete tasks efficiently and produce quality work with limited supervision
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Multi-cultural communications/sensitivity, preferably previous experience working in an international setting or for a global organization; strong e-mail etiquette is imperative
- Fluency in a second language, particularly Spanish, is not required but a benefit
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 29, 2017.
IFEES Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.